Pup 5.00 B Base ISO
ISO 5.00 B
SFS - Fast browser with themes and add-ons
- Includes Mariner, Xfce, OpenOffice, Opera
and VirtualBox SFS add-ons.
- Minor updates to Xfce 4.6.1d and Mariner 5B_485
Pup 5.00 A Base ISO
ISO 5.00 A released
- Includes everything in the base ISO plus these add-ons:
- Mariner 5A, Xfce 4.6.1, OpenOffice 3.2, Opera 10.10
and VirtualBox 3.1.8
- Mariner has updated
Firefox, Thunderbird, JavaRE, Mesa (OpenGL drivers), Geeqie (formerly
GQView), GKrellM, Vuze and perl
allows installation of multiple operating systems without rebooting.
Pup 4.43 Gu2 released PuppyLinux
2010.03.13 TrueCrypt in Lighthouse
Pup 4.43 Gu1 gives a mount error. Workaround
Pup 4.43 Gu1 released PuppyLinux
- Bugfix G
saving session to ntfs/fat32 partitions as well as ext2/3/4/reiserfs
- Updated init and shutdown scripts with choice of ext2 or ext3
pupsave on a journaled host partition
- Updated to Wine 1.1.40 more
2010.03.07 Bug: 4.43 G
only: saving your session on anything but ext2/3/4 will fail on
reboot. (Fixed in G update 1 above.)
Pup 4.43 G released PuppyLinux
KDE, and Voyager add-on packs updated to 4G
- Abiword 2.8, Wine 1.1.39, winetricks and 27 other
apps and libraries updated (thanks to abushcrafter)
- Support for Xfce4
with the optional SFS
(suggested by Flash858)
- Improved reliability for Wbar launcher
with icon validity checking and a troubleshooter (thanks to walter90)
- Personal storage file
(pupsave) enhancements full release notes
- Firefox 3.6,
aqualung skins, GQview-2.1.5, Xarchiver-0.5.2svn
2010.03.07 Xfce-4.6.1a.sfs add-on Xfce
and Thunar File Manager 1.0.1 for Lighthouse Pup 4.43 G or later
- Updated Wbar Setup for KDE (suggested by Jim1911)
2010.02.18 Lighthouse Tips updated with System
Requirements and Automount information.
2010.02.07 Pwidgets 2.2.4.pet (works in JWM
and IceWM) It's a utility to use conky and
xonclock as the engine for desktop apps. Thanks to 01micko and
zigbert for making the new version compatible
with Lighthouse Pup.
2010.02.02 Pidgin-2.6.5.sfs 5.1M
IM all your friends in one place www.pidgin.im
Bibletime-2.5-1.sfs 27.1M (Mariner SFS & KDE SFS
required) BibleTime is a
completely free Bible study program.
2010.01.27 Opera-10.10-4742F.sfs 18.4M Opera web browser for Lighthouse 4.43
or Puppy 4.3.1
Pup 4.43 Final released PuppyLinux
KDE, and Voyager add-on packs updated to 4F
Wbar Setup 0.3.2 updated
for Lighthouse. Makes tweaking the launcher
bar a snap (thanks to 01micko and Jim1911.)
default terminal Sakura
(thanks to pemasu.)
for Wine: easy access to Wine C drive, font smoothing and winetricks
to GIMP 2.6.8, Pburn 3.1.8 (thanks to zigbert), XFProt 2.3 virus
scanner (thanks to
tasmod and pemasu.)
- Full release notes
- Updated to Firefox 3.5.7, JavaRE 1.6u17, GKrellM 2.3.2
- New Truecrypt 6.3a on-the-fly
encryption (thanks to Wolf Pup and gregoryj)
- Three new Superkaramba themes (desktop applets) Sidebar, Network Stats and CdKase
- Tip: Right-click on a
theme to unlock and re-position as desired, do the same to lock the
position, then choose Reload Theme
to save the new position and enable the buttons and icons on each theme.
missing from KMenu; now shows in KDE Menu | Development
2010.01.09 Kdenlive-0.7.7a.sfs md5.txt 69.5M (Mariner SFS & KDE SFS
and SDL or Voyager SFS
is an intuitive and powerful multi-track video editor, including most
recent video technologies. Compiled by Battleshooter.
Pup 4.43 D Base ISO
- Updated to IceWM 1.3.5, Pburn 3.1.7, openssl 0.9.8k, libxcb
1.3, libX11 1.2.2 (for C-F).
- Bugfix: Automount now allows write access to
ntfs partitions (thanks to Barburo & pemasu.)
- Bugfix: changed
/sbin/reboot & /sbin/poweroff so that a non-root user can
- Bugfix: USB Flash install
was not persistent; updated /usr/sbin/snapmergepuppy so that sessions
are properly saved (thanks to friedsonjm.)
- New wallpapers by Jasmac
- pupRadio 0.3.2 (thanks to 01micko
Voyager, and Compiz-Fusion add-on packs updated to 4d
2009-12-27 GoogleEarth5.1a.sfs md5.txt 26M (3D accelerated
display drivers w/
Mariner SFS required)
- Mariner SFS:
- Updated to Firefox 3.5.6, Thunderbird 3.0
- KDE SFS:
- Reconfigured KDE
screensavers and screen lock interface.
- Sorted KDE menus
alphabetically. A few of them wouldn't keep the sort--I don't know why.
is not autorun for the current user (see /Autostart & /Startup),
the blocklists will be deleted at login, saving at least 106M in the
is not running when scheduled blocklist update occurs, the update is
deferred until next scheduled update. (see also
- Voyager SFS:
- Added libdb3 (for
Xscreensavers) and 2 new wallpapers, HyperEarth & Morning Sun.
- Compiz-Fusion SFS:
- Reverted to C-F 0.7.9
with rotating sphere screensaver and autumn leaves, bubbles, fireflies
and stars effects. (For me at least, these effects were not functional
in C-F 0.8.2.)
- Alternate snow plugin
initiates with Super+F3
- Cube Atlantis inside
screensaver with shark, dolphins, whale and other sea
- Modified a few Emerald themes for LHP
- Updated C-F Tips page here
61M Blender + Inkscape + Scribus
SFS required.) Tip: Before
using Blender, disable Compiz-Fusion and KDE desktop
2009-12-24 Patch available for USB Flash drive,
post install of LHP 4.43 C.
- Fixes a USB Flash install that is not
persistent so that sessions are properly saved.
Pup 4.43 C Base ISO
- Rebuilt Base ISO from Puppy 4.3.1, some Slackware 13.0 and a dash
- Added Openbox to window manager options and a few cosmetic
LXPanel and LXDE.
- Eliminated some delays when switching between window managers.
- Updated to Wine 1.1.33, IceWM 1.2.37, VLC 1.0.0rc4, Audacity
- Experimental multi-user updates (thanks to Pizzasgood) more
- Can login as
root, or as user 'spot'. User profiles in '/home'. (What used to be
'/home' is now '/dev_save'.)
- New Add User, Change Passwd, Autologin tools.
- Hundreds of tweaks to make it all work. Well, it mostly
works... Some apps need to be run as root.
MU's Puppy Background Menu (wallpaper setter for JWM, IceWm &
Openbox.) Fixed bug in solid color mode, resized and redesigned panel
for low resolution monitors. So you have a choice of two wallpaper
setters, PBM and Nathan Wallpaper Setter.
- Fixed a bug in the Show-Hide Desktop Icons feature for
- Replaced Audacious with Beep Media Player
0.9.7; uses Winamp and XMMS skins
- Default hostname is 'Mariner', you can change as desired in
/etc/hostname and etc/hosts.
- Pre-loaded ipw2200 firmware as auto-extract sometimes fails
- Fixed JWM so that Wbar and gKrellM don't appear on taskbar
- Updated Universal Installer and Remaster live-CD scripts for LHP.
Better results with Full install now, though I still don't recommend
it; the pros and cons are noted in the installer.
Voyager, Compiz-Fusion and BibleTime add-on packs updated
- Mariner SFS:
- Updated to Firefox
3.5.5, Flash 10.0.42
- KDE SFS:
- Updated to KDE 4.3.3
- Multi-user login via
'kdm' - K Display Manager. To enable, see Advanced Options in
- Fixed KDE 3 & 4
startup bug and eliminated 'FirstRun' scripts.
- KDE3 Sound System works,
but KDE4 Sound System doesn't--so I improvised Login and Logout sounds
via mplayer in /Autostart and /root/.kde/shutdown.
- Downside, this means
no sound events in KDE apps like K3b and Kopete for now.
- Upside, logging in and
out of KDE4 is much quicker.
- (Audio and video in
multimedia apps like Amarok and MPlayer is working, so ALSA is ok.)
- Voyager SFS:
- Updated Xscreensavers to
5.10, rss-glx (Really Slick Screensavers) to 0.9
- Multi-user updates and a
new wallpaper by Jasmac.
SFS updated to 0.8.2c. (C-F is available in KDE3, KDE4 and LXDE.)
SFS updated to 2.4.1
0.8a4 SFS KompoZer is a complete web authoring
system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page
editing. (In fact, I'm using it right now.)
Pup 4.43 Beta Base ISO
Voyager and Compiz-Fusion add-on packs updated
- Updated to GIMP 2.6.7, gFTP 2.0.19,
2.1 modified for LHP (thanks to Pizzasgood)
- Removed VLC, new pet here (thanks to sikpuppy and pemasu)
- Updated Lighthouse and LXDE icon sets for
proper navigation in Gtk File | Open and PCManFileManager
- Updated ROX-Filer templates.
- Extracted firmware into main file as
auto-extract sometimes fails
- Fixed bug on machines with 256M RAM that
failed to load kernel modules.
- Updated bootmanager for up to 40 SFS
- Added Trash icon to Wbar for JWM, IceWM
and LXDE (thanks to bignono1)
- Mariner SFS:
- Updated nVidia drivers.
- Changed default GKrellM
theme to Veg9000 (thanks to Barburo)
- KDE SFS:
- Trash icon for KDE4
- Auto-shutdown from KDE
Log Out Panel only, default delay 5 min, can be adjusted or disabled.
- Customized the KDE4
desktop theme (clock & widgets) and added 'Glassified' which works
well with C-F
- New Wbar icon to open
configuration and tips for Wbar
- Voyager SFS: minor updates
SFS: Updated to 0.8.2b2. C-F is available in KDE3, 4 and LXDE.
- Added Simple Settings Manager to Fusion-icon menu
- New Emerald theme LHP_glass-neu
Translations (aka l10n) add-on for non-English-US: ar-fy
112M ga-nds 71M nl-zhtw 75M region codes
2009.10.12 Compiz-Fusion SFS: Updated to 0.8.2b--fixes missing shadows on two LHP
emerald themes by reducing the shadow radius.
Today I noticed I'm able to layer more than 8 squash files; not sure
what changed but the limit for extra SFS in Lighthouse Pup should be 40.
Pup 4.4.3 Alpha Base ISO
KDE, Voyager and many other '443' SFS v.4 add-on packs released
- New SFS
Converter 1.3.2 and CPU
Frequency Scaling Tool 1.2 by trio.
Updated to Pburn
3.04 and Pmusic
0.9.2 by zigbert.
- Kernel updated to 220.127.116.11 from Puppy 4.3. Includes new squashfs
4.0, so prior add-ons will not work without updating from website or
converting them to 4.0 with included SFS Converter or CL tools
unsquashfs3 and dir2sfs. Squashfs 4.0 is optimized for speed over
compression, so main file and add-ons are 10-15% larger than prior
- Up to 8 extra SFS add-ons supported. I couldn't get more to work,
by MU is included.
- 'Pup-dip-gui' optimizer now executed from ~/.xinitrc; GUI splash
- Fixed missing Wbar task launch bar in LXDE, and not showing until
clicking in other window managers, with '-above-desk' parameter.
- International keyboard layout .xinitrc fix (thanks to Juergen and MU). Fix also applied to
Mouse/Keyboard wizard to apply changes immediately.
- New Lighthouse Pup themed wallpaper by Jasmac
- Mariner SFS:
- Setup wizards now have
'Brief' option with fewer prompts.
- Graphics drivers updated
for new kernel, (nVidia not tested, alternative
pets here), ATI Catalyst 9.9
works fine but Catalyst 9.3 is broken--hard freeze upon launching any
openGL/3D apps, including catalyst control center, so it is not
included although there is a pet
- Qps process manager
wouldn't stay in tray, so it was reverted to v. 1.9.21
- KDE SFS:
- Big changes for 443: You
can switch to either KDE 3.5.10 or the new KDE 4.3.1. Most KDE4 apps
work in KDE3, LXDE, IceWM & JWM. The kfmclient (Konqueror file
management) outside of KDE4, uses 'kfmclient3' from KDE 3.5.10.
- Amarok 2 wouldn't open,
so it was reverted to 1.4.10 with lyrics panel and visualizations.
- Wbar launcher is tweaked
for and now runs in KDE.
- Voyager SFS: Includes
LiquidWeather++ for KDE3 and additional KDE3 & 4 help files and
SFS: Updated to 0.8.2. C-F is available in KDE3, 4 and LXDE.